It's late but I'm awake :)

Tuesday, 7 September 2010
I really should go to bed, I have a driving lesson at 9am, but I think I'll have a little midnight snack before I do, hehe! I thought I'd write a post about something non-fashion-related because, after all, this is meant to be an everything-mashed-into-one kind of blog isn't it?! So, I thought I'd recommend some really great films that you may or may not have seen. I'd never really watched many anime films until this year when I became interested in the work of Hayao Miyazaki. To be honest, when I thought of anime, all that popped into my head was pokemon (haha, don't pretend you didn't go through that phase too!). But I decided to buy some of his films from Amazon and they're really great. I realised that I'd already seen Princess Mononoke years ago with my brother, which was funny, and my Mum once took me and my brother to see Howl's Moving Castle (which is great) and we were the only three people in the cinema! She likes to say that we still managed to argue about where to sit, this may or may not be true! But anyway, last night we decided to watch Spirited Away, which I didn't know is the most successful film of all time in Japan. And it's a great film. So, those are my three Hayao Miyazaki films that I'd recommend. It's always fun to try something different, especially with films, you might find a whole genre you didn't know about!

Miyazaki's films are really imaginative and creative, I think if I had to pick a favourite, it'd be between Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. The stories are really touching and the anime is beautiful. They're quite appealing to children because the content is very pg-friendly, however they're still really lovely films to watch, maybe as a family or just on your own. I could definitely watch them over again.

So, I may do some more of these posts, depending on if I think of things to recommend. I don't know, maybe music or more films etc. And you could always comment (if anyone's reading this!) and recommend things back or tell me if you've seen any of these!

Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for stopping by and following.I sooo love the outfit pics.Amazing tights :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design