Shopping!

Wednesday, 8 September 2010
Well, remember how I said I was popping into town with my friend and was going to try not to buy anything?! Well, that turned into an impromptu trip down the motorway to Bristol to go shopping at Cabot Circus, because apparently we don't have enough shoes in Gloucester! What can I say, a girl can never have too many shoes can she?! To be honest, I wasn't really going for anything specific, because I didn't want to spend much money, but I thought it would be fun to go anyway, and I love Bristol, I'm obsessed and can't wait to move back so I jump at any chance to go there really!

Anyway, my whole plan of not spending money didn't really, well, go to plan! I think I have a bit of a problem when it comes to clothes, because I just can't seem to say no, or resist. And even when I'm being good, like today, I still seem to spend more than I should! I bought these be-a-u-ti-ful wedges in New Look today. I didn't really used to like wedges but the more I've thought about them I've come around to them and when I tried them all on today I thought they looked amazing! Also, they're almost but not quite ankle boots, so they're still a shoe but they support my ankle more than normal heels, which is good for my feet because normally I can't get shoes small enough so I end up falling out of them or something! So hopefully these will be even more comfy than normal! I just wish I could wear them everyday! Somehow I don't think uni and the hills I have to navigate will agree with them though! Here's a picture, I don't think they look very special in the pic but they look lovely on!
                            
*Just looked at the shoes and this pic and think the shoes are darker than this but it's late so I'll find the right colour tomorrow!

Also, I have been looking for a nice shearling aviator jacket (I know, just following the trend, but after seeing Burberry's I became obsessed, and they're so beautiful) that's within my price range and I thought Topshop's was about £300, which frankly, is lightyears out of my budget! I'm not sure where I got this price tag from because now I can't find it on their website.. maybe I dreamt it! Anyway, the point is I saw this jacket, which is neither real leather nor real sheepskin,  but actually feels lovely, for £78!
                                    
Let me tell you, I got very excited! When something I thought was out of reach suddenly became obtainable, well, I couldn't hold it in, I was literally jumping up and down. Ok, I didn't jump up and down, but I did in my head :D So although I can't buy it right now, it's definitely going to be mine in the near future! I think it's the nicest high street one I've seen so far, and it felt so cosy and warm :) So either I'll try and save up, or it will have to wait for Christmas. But either way, I shall be wearing it when the weather gets cold enough to need it! I don't think I've been this excited about a jacket.. ever! I normally get excited about coats, shoes, bags, never really jackets. It's funny, I never would have bought those shoes or be interested in this jacket before, I guess my style is changing. 

So, those are the two main things I thought I'd post about. I got a really cute and simple gold cameo necklace in Miss Selfridge that was reduced to £2, very pretty :) So it was a really nice evening, I'm glad we were spontaneous and decided to go. We had a meal at Gourmet Burger Kitchen, which do amazing chips, so yummy! And the burgers are good, obviously! And it was such a coincidence but my uni housemate who is from Manchester contacted me to ask about the hot water at our house in Bristol and she had decided to come for the night too, so I was able to see her for the first time since term ended! We went to our house and showed my friends round, they really liked it so hopefully they'll visit. So, all in all it was a great day and I'm sure I'll be posting looks with my new stuff very soon!

6 comments:

  1. That jacket is so cute! I don't think aviator jacks have really caught on yet here. Maybe I'll have to start the trend ;)

    That's nice you got to see your friend after a nice evening! I'm very excited to see your new looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you from? Yes you should start the trend haha! Perfect for winter :) Thanks, I've had a lazy day today so no new looks but I think I'm going to do one tomorrow. Also, I really like your name, my parents nearly called me Erin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks! I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada, so I'm not sure it's a good trend for my February winter, but maybe November, December, March ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I just checked out your blog, it's really cool! I read your "About" section and realised there are a lot of similarities between us! How do I subscribe/follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) Er, I don't really know. I'm not used to Wordpress... I just have yours on my bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design