"Sorry I'm bad, sorry I'm blue."

Saturday, 18 September 2010

Blouse and shorts are from Topshop, belt from H&M and the shoes are from New Look.

The title of this look is from a song by Buckcherry. I can't wait to go back to uni, life is pretty boring right now. I mean, I'm not complaining about holiday haha! Don't get me wrong! But I have been on holiday pretty much since the 27th May. I didn't come home from uni straight away, but I haven't had any technical work since then, so it has been a long holiday. I went to Edinburgh for a week for the Fringe Festival and also went to Portugal for 2 weeks with my family but apart from that I haven't been doing much. I couldn't work because I was away for a month in the middle of the holiday, so work couldn't take me back, and all my friends have been working so it's been a quiet holiday. So I'm really looking forward to getting back to Bristol and having a busy life again! It'll probably hit me hard when I go back, I will have forgotten what it's like to be so busy! The only thing I've really been doing recently is having driving lessons. My test is on Monday, I can't wait to finally be able to drive (if I pass!) because all my friends have been driving for about two years! I really should have started learning earlier. Better late than never though I guess! Well, we'll see on Monday if I've passed!

I got really excited yesterday because I got a new lens for my 35mm camera. I got home and was couldn't wait to try it out. I got an Olympus OM10 camera a few months ago on ebay for quite a good price, however recently I've noticed the film advance (that you use to wind to the next picture) has been getting stuck every now and again. It usually sticks for a bit and then starts working again. I thought I would just have to deal with it because it's an old camera. But when I tried to use it yesterday, it's completely stuck so I can't use it at all. I'm so gutted. It will cost more to fix it than to buy a new camera. I don't want to just give up, especially seeing as I've just got the new lens, but it's annoying because I can't afford to spend loads on equipment and it should have lasted a bit longer than that!! The annoying thing is that it wasn't like I damaged it or anything, it just happens to them sometimes. So, I'm going to take it to a camera shop and double check that it is definitely broken, and then I think I'll buy a new one. I want to get another cheap one on ebay because I can't afford to spend a lot of money, but I don't want the same thing to happen again! I'm trying to find ones that look reliable and in good condition. I also want to buy the same one again so the lenses fit it, and because it's relatively cheap. I also want to get it soon because I was hoping to use the dark rooms at uni to try and develop my own photos. That could be interesting. I can just imagine myself tripping over equipment in the dark, swearing and getting developer and all sorts of chemicals everywhere! Well, I'm sure in reality it will be a lot more professional than that... hm. Yeah. 




Well, that's my annoying camera story, hopefully it will be sorted soon and I can start using it or another one soon!

Thanks for visiting, Harriet x

4 comments:

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design