Coffee = good

Thursday, 6 January 2011




























Today I started the day with a big mug of coffee, which instantly equals a good day, or at least morning! I'm in quite a good mood (as you can tell by my dopey smile) because before I went to bed last night I thought I'd check one more time online to find out if my last essay had been marked. I got a massive surprise, because it had been marked and given a 74, which is a first!!! This is the first first (lol) I've got in an essay, and it's quite a safe first too, so I'm really ecstatic about it! I was pleased with it when I wrote it but often that has no relevance to the grade. I've done well in essays that I thought were rubbish and gotten quite rubbish results in essays I thought were quite good, so I've learned to try and not think about them after they're done. It's also given me a boost because I know I can do it now, and I'll have something to compare to in the future when I write more essays. I was starting to get pretty fed up when I constantly got relatively average to low grades, and there also seemed to be no correlation between each marking, so this has really cheered me up and spurred me on to work as hard for my next essays.

I've also posted a new look on Lookbook, which you can see here, so hype it if you like it (right hand sidebar) :) 






























I just made some yummy chocolate chip cookies, which are pretty delish if I do say so myself :) I think we're going to go out to eat tonight so that will be nice. I'll probably eat looads and collapse in front of the tv when I get home so I thought I should post this now before I'm incapacitated!





Also, I'd just like to say a big thank you to those who read my blog. I read so many blogs and don't always comment but it means a lot to me when people comment on my posts :) I've made more of an effort to comment on other people's posts and tell them what I think of their words and pictures now that I know how much I appreciate it, so I hope you can all do the same for me and other people whose blogs you read. Let people know your opinions, if you have something positive to say it can really give others confidence!

Thanks for visiting,

Harriet x

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I've been reading blogs for ages and only recently started commenting.

    Anyway just wanted to say how much I love your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna try my hand at making peanut butter cookies today! Yours look nom. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. bonjour lovely, congratulations on your first , ahhh yeaahhhhh.

    loving your outfit here and what looks like a tartan playsuit, YES

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design