Casual

Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Had a fun day today, I went into town with my Mum and spent my birthday Topshop voucher from my brother as well as getting a few other bits and pieces. To be honest, it just goes to show the sad state of affairs at the moment if I'm getting excited about going into town, which, if you've been to Gloucester, you'll know is nothing to be excited about! I am definitely having a very relaxed holiday so far, which is one way to put it, although the prospect of shopping is always exciting really! 

In typical British fashion it started chucking it down today, immediately after I took this photo. I knew my prediction yesterday would be correct. Not that I'd checked the weather or anything... *cough* So this is the rabbit t-shirt my housemates got me for my birthday and I love it! I only wish I could wear my rabbit necklace and rabbit ring at the same time, alas I fear that would certainly be overkill! Also, this is the first time I've posted a look of myself wearing trousers. Someone once asked me on formspring if I ever wear trousers, because I only ever post pictures where I'm wearing skirts/dresses/shorts and I hadn't even thought about it before! I do wear trousers, all the time! Jeans, leggings, trousers, jogging bottoms (although I don't think you really want to see what I wear when I'm lying around watching tv!). But for some reason I never like to post looks including trousers. Perhaps it's because I'm really short and they aren't as flattering...?! I have no idea! But anyway, these jean/jeggings (sorry if you hate that word, I'm not particularly fond of it myself) are quite flattering so I thought I'd push the boat out and post this even though it's not that interesting. I also thought I'd share a rare smiley picture too as for some other unknown reason I always try to pull of (usually unsuccessfully) the moody model stare haha!

Look, a smile!!

Oh I thought I'd quickly show you what I bought as well! I got this red spotty dress from Tophop with my birthday voucher, you can just see the top half there because I wanted to show you the little scalloped collar. I think this will be a staple summer dress for me! It's not too short either so I can wear it in the day and to uni, and as it's sleeveless it will probably be really nice as it gets hotter.

I also got Camomile eye make-up remover from the Body Shop, two nail varnishes (Barbara Day - Tesco) and Maybelline Collossal Mascara because they didn't have the Max Factor False Lash Effect one that I usually get. Hopefully this is good too, but I do really like the Max Factor one. Oh and the Starbucks thing is a packet of 12 instant coffee sachets that they've started doing. I used to work for Starbucks so I got to try the products and this is way nicer than normal instant. I love coffee so this is good for when you don't have time to make a proper pot or if you're out and about (they clearly brainwashed me while I worked there because I seem to be plugging their products on my blog! I'm not getting paid to say that haha!) I know, you didn't really need to see all that extra stuff but like I said, I lead a boring life at the moment and the little things make me happy!


Have a nice evening, I think I'm going to watch a film or something, any suggestions? I watched Brokeback Mountain for the first time the other day (I know, been meaning to watch it for AGES!) and I loved it! I have a massive list of films I want to watch but can never decide. I might have to watch something rubbish and trashy, I feel like as I often watch lots of 'quirky' and 'highbrow' films as part of my degree that when I watch something for fun I just want to see something where I can switch off and just enjoy it!

1 comment:

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design