Day Trip

Wednesday, 20 April 2011
Today I ventured out in the beautiful weather on a little excursion to Bourton-on-the-Water, a delightful little town in the Cotswolds that has a little river running through it with bridges. Apparently it's the 'Venice of Britain', but I've never heard anyone refer to it as that. It's really pretty and cute though, and is often filled with families and old people, so you know it's going to be a wild day out! This is the type of thing me and my friends like to do; go for picnics and stuff, it's like we've descended into middle age already or something. Surely we're meant to be out drinking and behaving badly or something? But no, instead you'll find us doing something perfectly wholesome like buying sandwiches and doughnuts in Tesco before driving 40 minutes into the countryside to sunbathe and chat. 

It was pretty awesome though. We bought our little picnic (delish, btw) and then went to Bourton, where we spent the afternoon basking in the heat and moving every now and again to follow the sun. Then we went into some of the shops to look around and got ice cream. It actually felt like summer. 

And it wouldn't be a summer excursion if I didn't get at least a little bit burnt. I didn't even realise it was that hot, but I tied my hair up halfway through the day and my neck caught the sun a bit. To be honest it's not hard for that to happen, it's like I'm part vampire or something, my skin shouldn't see the light of day. My friends like to sit next to me because I make them look so much more tanned in comparison. It's usually not a problem but like I've mentioned before when it comes to summer and I get my legs out they have a tendency to blind people. But nonetheless I went for it and wore shorts today and allowed my legs to get accustomed to the sun. I don't think it shows, but at least they didn't burn!

Anyway, I took some pictures of our little day out, sadly there aren't any great pictures of Bourton itself, I was too busy getting snap-happy taking pictures of my friends, but you can see how nice the weather was :) 

























































Me sitting in the old car/buggy thing at the motor museum (we couldn't pay to go in and see 'Brum' so we just took pictures outside in true student fashion) See my blinding paleness?! I wasn't making it up!


The ducks! We gave them some of our leftover picnic :)



Those kids kept ruining the shot so I just gave up and took one anyway!

There was actually another reason we were in Bourton today as well. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of Geocaching, but it's quite hard to explain, so I'll just link the website and if you're interested you can have a look, but a quick way to sum it up would be to describe it as a kind of treasure hunt. But with sat navs. Anyway, it is so much fun, I absolutely love it! So we were trying to find geocaches in Bourton today, but due to a lack of organisation we had no sat nav, which pretty much made it impossible! That didn't stop us however, and we got a few odd stares while I stood on one of my friends to look in a tree...! I'm sure that's really made you want to find out about it now (not!) but I swear it's amazing, you should all google it and let me know if you do it, or if you already have!

Sorry this has been quite a wordy and long post, I had a few things to talk about but I'm planning to do another post tomorrow, so I hope you're all well and haven't fallen asleep reading this yet :) I'm in Wales at the moment visiting family as my Grandpa is ill, but it's still nice to be here even though it's in unfortunate circumstances. I'm hoping to do some horseriding while I'm here, which I'm really looking forward to.

I took another lookbook picture the other day, so here it is. It took ages to take that one picture, my face kept doing odd things and then the sun would go behind the clouds and I'd be in complete shadow, but it turned out ok in the end I think. I got the skirt for Christmas, it's a snakeskin print which isn't something I'd probably go for but I really like it!


I really will shut up and go now, but before I do I must say how I've been counting down the days until Gossip Girl, 90210 and One Tree Hill were all back on.. I'm literally obsessed with those shows! For a drama student I have pretty poor taste in television it seems but I am a complete sucker for trashy American teenage programmes. So I can't wait to catch up and find out what's happened, I'm sure I'm not alone either!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I was going to go to Burton, but chose wiltshire instead. That actually sounds like a perfect day, but I am an old soul haha!! My boyfriend told me about that treasure hunt thing, we might do it when I go to Edinburgh for my birthday. Sounds like so much fun, and apparently some people hide amazing things. You look beautiful in that outfit. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, that skirt look so good on you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design