Little Red Dress

Saturday, 16 April 2011
Hello hello, I've had quite a busy day today seeing as we finally got our offer from a venue for our play for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this summer, so I've been doing lots of emailing and organising this afternoon! I'm really excited though as it looks like I'll be in the same place as last year, and it was a really nice place to be.

So it looks like it's sunny again in the UK so I decided to break out the little red dress before the weather had a chance to change its mind again. Apparently it'll be warm for this weekend at least, which is as good an excuse as any to go and meet my friends at the pub tonight for a drink and a catch-up. So here's the dress I bought in Topshop the other day; as you can see my legs aren't quite ready to be bared, so they're still in tights until it's a bit warmer. Every year I tell myself I'm going to do a bit of fake tan for the summer so I can get my legs out, but inevitably I rarely bother. I tend to blind people with my white legs though so maybe I should make an effort this year. I do get jealous of people who get a nice light tan easily as soon as the sun comes out, it just makes wearing bare legs a whole lot easier. I don't mind being pale at all, but there is a limit to how bright you want your legs to look when they're on display! At the moment I don't think they're fit for the public, I'll have to get some Dove summer glow lotion on the go I think.






























So I hope you're all enjoying the sunshine, I know I am. I found this image on Lauren's blog, La Petite Fashionista, and it just made me want to get in a car with my friends and go on some epic roadtrip somewhere. I would love do that across America one day, I think it would be so much fun to be free to roam wherever you want for as long as you want!


I also found this yesterday. It's a colour vision deficiency test. Apparently one in 225 women and one in 12 men have colour vision deficiency of some sort. I wonder why it's so much more common in men? It does explain why so many of them get dark navy and black confused though! The better your colour vision, the lower your score, and I scored 0 so I have perfect colour vision.. sweeeet! So try it out and see how yours is. Right, I'm going to enjoy a well-earned rest now, have a nice evening everyone!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your dress and how you styled it! And let me just say, your hair look awesome!

    The reason why men are worse in colour vision is because most mutations that cause deficiency in vision is in the X chromosome.And since women have 2, one can "erase" the damaged gene from the other, while men only have 1, so if there's something wrong it will show.(Biology nerd here:p)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design