Wild Horses

Wednesday, 20 April 2011
So I'm in Wales at the moment, and one of the things I always look forward to when I come here is going to find the horses and ponies that live freely on the common by my grandparent's house. If you give them polos, they will literally follow you to the ends of the earth! Sadly I didn't have any treats so went empty handed today, but they still let me stroke them :) It was boiling hot and really sunny so I brought my camera with me and my brother caught a really nice moment on camera. I went up to one of the horses and it kind of looked at me for a minute, then must have decided I was alright and proceeded to lie down next to me! Because these aren't tame horses I'm always a bit wary, but they're so beautiful I can't resist going to find them.





















































































Last night I tried out Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail strips after reading about them on The Dainty Squid recently and so far I am absolutely loving them. I've tried Nail Rocks from Topshop and these were ten times easier to apply and i feel like they're going to last a lot longer too. They don't feel like they're another layer on top of my nails, more like nail polish that they're really stuck to my nails. I'll let you know how long they last because that might determine whether they're worth buying again, but so far I'm pretty sure these will become an obsession. I'm already wondering which other patterns to try. I got Girl Flower to start with because they looked so pretty. The only downside was I had to open both packets to find strips to fit my nails so I couldn't keep them for two uses, so I used the leftover ones to do my big toes and my Mum's thumb nails, which was fun :) I did try to persuade my Nanna to let me do hers too but she wasn't having it haha!






























These aren't my actual nails, I found this image online because they give a more accurate idea of how they look. My nails are quite short and I've been biting them recently so I thought you probably don't want to see those! Having them nice and pretty is motivating me to stop picking at them though, so I'll see how long the strips last and show you before I take them off. 

I'm not sure where you can buy them in the UK but I got these from Ebay, for any UK readers who want to try them too!

Goodnight everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Can't get over how jealous i am of you, I am a bit obsessed with horses secretly. I would do anything to be where you are right now sitting in that field with them :O gah jealous! hahha, love the nails too xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design