Wednesday 20th July 2011

Thursday, 21 July 2011

Not feeling well today so I've been in bed all day, but this is what I wore yesterday. The shoes are a recent Primark purchase, which I was very impressed with because even up close I don't think you'd know they were from Primark unless you'd seen them there. I'm going to try and get an early night tonight as I really don't want to be ill in New York! I think I'll try and get a good night's sleep and then get up and pack in the morning. I'm so excited! I can't wait to get there!

So even though it is definitely still summer it's that time of year when the Autumn and Winter collections are revealed and I am one of the many (I hope) who get very excited at the prospect of Autumnal colours, boots and layers! Some people say you should live in the moment, but there's just something about the future that looks better isn't there?! In reality it will be grey, rainy, slushy and impossible to maintain one's hairstyle come October, but right now those months hold the promise of woolly jumpers, fires and most importantly hot chocolate... mmm :) Perhaps if British summers resembled anything close to what we imagine them to be like from the depths of winter (BBQs, picnics, drinking icy drinks in the garden whilst wearing summer dresses that compliment a sunkissed tan) then we wouldn't all be so keen to move on into Autumn. While the picture of toasting marshmallows over a blazing fire might be a tad romanticised, our British winters are on the whole a lot more reliable than our summers! Which makes planning a winter wardrobe a lot more enjoyable...

Anyway, although it's mad to be thinking past August right now I thought I'd post a few pictures of the A/W collections. I especially love the dalmation themed show at Topshop Unique!



Marios Schwab


Aquascutum


Burberry Prorsum

Topshop Unique

I love the black dress in the last image, especially with those tights! Right, off to bed, night. 

Harriet

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you look amazing! Great outfit. I'm far to short to ever be able to wear shorts with flats.
    Christina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, although I am barely over 5ft, I think it's the angle of the camera!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say this outfit perfectly suites your character.You look so adorable, all looks great...

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design