Blueberries, Bon Iver & The Butterfly Effect

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Ok, that cake right there. Yes, that one staring you in the face. It is delicious. Here is the recipe if you need further proof. Go forth and bake, I promise that it's worth it. And here is a handy website to convert the measurements from US cups, which I find incredibly confusing. What do these cups look like? And how big are they?! Anyway, that's not important, that is what this conversion website is for - click.

Now I should probably move on from the cake before I have to go and eat another piece. Which is not allowed. I'm doing some design work at the moment. I'm designing a couple of posters for two friends for their Edinburgh shows, which is good because it's a nice way to earn some money. I'm one of those people who has a certain routine when I'm doing specific things. So whenever I had essays at uni I had to clean my room, make a cup of coffee and then sit at my desk. And nothing would happen if I hadn't done the first two! When I'm designing/drawing/doing anything remotely 'creative' I like to sit on my bed, put Bon Iver (usually their new album) on loud and drink either coffee or if it's the evening (ok... or past midday, who's to know?!) wine and just get on with it. So that's what I've been doing for a few days.

Apart from that I've been trying to sort stuff out for Edinburgh. I can't believe a year has passed and I'm doing pretty much the same thing all over again. In one way it feels only a few months since I was trying to sort everything out for last year's trip to the Fringe, and in another way it feels like a lot longer than a year! Either way I'm hoping it will be the best Fringe yet. Last year will be pretty hard to beat because it was so fun, but this year we have TWO shows (double the fun right? Or trouble...!) and I'll be with lots of friends. I can't wait! It's going to be hectic, but great. I can feel it. While I'm on that note, if any of you are in Edinburgh this August you should let me know and you should check out our shows (Macbeth and As You Like It by As Told By Productions). Although, you will probably be accosted by me on the Royal Mile anyway - look for the red-haired midget shoving flyers at you. Here's the link to our shows (Macbeth, As You Like It) and our We Fund page if you are interested.

Yesterday I met up with some friends from home and spent the day catching up, which was really nice and long overdue. I bought a summery playsuit from the Topshop sale with a birthday voucher I've had for a while. 




Now, I know what you're thinking. Harriet, isn't that a bit... white, for your skin, which is so... erm.. white..? Well, it's for Madrid, where I am clearly going to transform into a sunkissed goddess! Or, failing that, where I am going to wear an unhealthy amount of fake tan. Duh. No, in all seriousness it is quite light for my complexion (what do they call it, pale and interesting? Right) but I've had my eye on it for ages, it was in the sale, I had just the right amount... you know, it was clearly fate. And you never know, stranger things have happened than me catching a tan. They escape me now, but I'm sure there are numerous examples.

Then yesterday evening my friends popped round, helped me take some photos for some stuff I'm selling on ebay (desperate times, I'm also selling old phones to Mazuma) and then we watched The Butterfly Effect, which we'd never seen before. It took quite a long time to pick the damn film in the first place (Tash wanted a chick flick, Maddie and I said no to anything vom-inducing - you know how it goes) but we finally came to a compromise (maybe Tash was pleased because Ashton Kutcher is in it, I forget) and my god, that film is great! It was so good! Maddie was displeased with the ending but I thought it had to be like that - I won't spoil it, don't worry. It's another of those films that have been on my list for ages and I hadn't got around to watching.

So that's it. If you want to see what else is on my list then feel free to stalk me on Seen That, I am addicted to it at the moment. If you want to see what I'm selling on ebay then click here. There's not much at the moment, I'm just seeing how it goes but I've got lots of clothes that I am intending to sell soon so keep your eyes peeled. I'm going to watch Revenge now, another recent addiction! 

Bye x

2 comments:

  1. 1 cup = 240ml :)
    I've got these and they're awesome http://www.amazon.com/Fred-Cup-Measuring-Matroyshkas-Cups/dp/B002L162FS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cute, I think I've seen them in Urban Outfitters. I should probably get some seeing as I struggle with cup measurements so much!

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design